Recently, my makeup draw was quickly filling with lipstick stubs and broken tubes 🙁 that I just couldn’t bear to part with. Wanting to give these beautiful matt and glossy hues a new life, I decided to turn them into pretty lipbalms pots. Here’s how you can create your own at home:
You will need:
- 5 tablespoons shea butter
- 5 tablespoons beeswax granules
- 5 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- Lipstick stubs, roughly chopped (use as much or as little as you wish in order to reach your desired hue)
- 50 or so drops of peppermint essential oil (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter, beeswax granules and coconut oil over a medium heat. Stir continuously until melted.
- Add your lipstick stubs, stir again until the mixture is combined, then remove the pot from the heat.
- Gradually add the peppermint oil to your lipbalm mixture, testing for desired intensity as you go.
- Whilst the mixture is still warm and pliable, distribute into clean lipbalm pots. Allow to set at room temperature for a couple of hours, then pop them in your bag and enjoy!