I pull out this recipe whenever I’m feeling time-poor and have to bring a plate along to a party. They’re super simple to put together and the delicious mixture of salty and sweet equals a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
You will need:
- 1 packet good quality melting chocolate
- 1 packet salted pretzels
Melt your chocolate according to the packet instructions (I did mine in the microwave), stirring regularly until it’s melted and smooth. Using your hands, dunk your pretzels into the chocolate, place on your cake rack and smother with sprinkles. Repeat until all of your chocolate is gone. Allow your pretzels to dry completely before storing in an airtight container. Voila!
Tips and Tricks:
- 375g of chocolate covered about 150g of pretzels.
- You can use white, milk or dark chocolate for this recipe. I chose white because let’s face it, they’re much prettier.
- You’ll need to move quickly once the chocolate is melted so have everything organised so the chocolate doesn’t start setting on you. Don’t feel so comfortable? Then work in stages and only melt half of the chocolate at a time.
- Make sure you don’t overheat your chocolate. Take it slowly and stir regularly until you have a lovely glossy consistency
- A cake rack is your best friend here. Place a baking tray underneath to catch the rogue sprinkles.